Are you an adult? Here’s how to sponsor a reader:
There is no cost. Once registered, approved, and logged in, a claim form will display beneath each available book. Simply claim your reader’s book, and the book will be shipped to your registered address. From there, you deliver the book to the reader. You may sponsor more than one reader, claiming a limited number of books each month.
Sponsor types / limits…
- Sponsor type P (Parent) – Claim limit = 2 books per month.
- Sponsor type G (Guardian) – Claim limit = 2 books per month.
- Sponsor type R (Relative) – Claim limit = 2 books per month.
- Sponsor type L (Librarian) – Claim limit = 20 books per month.*
- Sponsor type T (Teacher) – Claim limit = 20 books per month.*
* This number may be adjusted slightly to accommodate larger class sizes. Teachers with combined classrooms (i.e. 5th/6th grades) may be allowed to order more books (e.g. 30 or 60) at one time, however a maximum of 60 books per quarter may be claimed.
As an approved sponsor, you agree…
- To deliver claimed books to your sponsored readers for their personal ownership.
- To guide your sponsored readers in choosing books that are appropriate for them.
- To encourage your sponsored readers in choosing books they will find enjoyable.
- To adhere to the claim limit policy (see above) for your sponsor level.
Book Claiming Ca·ve·ats:
- “Available books” are offered on a first come, first served basis. Once claimed, we de-list them as soon as possible. On the rare occasion when a book you claim is, in fact, no longer available, you will be notified by email.
- Due to the nature of our funding, there are three types of claiming and shipping modes. Active Claiming and Shipping Mode, Suspended Shipping Mode, and Suspended Claiming Mode. You may familiarize yourself with these at your leisure.